Elsie's First Laugh and Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls.

Elsie laughed for the first time while she was awake today. It brought me so much joy. 

Our morning was chaotic and I felt rushed and thrown off. We helped Matthew clean the church, then I attended a baptism. I was a little worried because Ira told me a few times his stomach hurt, so he, Asa, and Ean stayed home. He seems fine now.

After lunch, we had a quiet period while daddy and Owen slept and the rest of us listened to "Little House in the Big Woods". The boys worked on sticker by number books and I crocheted a new bag for the dinosaurs. I was surprised because Ira remembered a chapter from when I read the book last year. And I thought they weren't listening.


I lit a candle, and tidied our home. Then I nursed Elsie and watched Ean play with magnets. They get the next crochet bag I am making. You can just make out the new crochet bag in the bookshelf behind Ean. 

My morning was crazy. But I live for quiet afternoons like what we just had. I look outside the window just now and see that it is starting to snow again. I am glad we fit in a walk earlier. 

Now I will go make dinner and look forward to enjoying a sourdough cinnamon roll after. Definitely not the best batch I ever made, but still good enough to eat. I was not paying attention because I was rushing. I added every single ingredient to the bread dough, forgetting that the salt, baking soda, and baking powder are to be added AFTER the first rise. To me, there is a strong baking soda taste when I eat the bread. Hopefully I remember this experience and don't do that again, haha.

Comments