Eclectic Homeschooling: Week 8 of 2023

 Monday: Still trying to get back into the swing of things. There is a lot of resistance to school since the week I was sick. They would much rather do whatever they feel like doing. But we pushed through today. Asa even begged for an art lesson, so we actually did it for the first time in 3 weeks! We were supposed to draw with ebony pencils...but I don't have any of those. Whoops. So, we just drew with regular pencils instead. They still enjoyed it. I think they like being given a prompt for drawing. Otherwise, they don't really know what to draw.

We have been a little strapped for cash the past two months, and so I spent the weekend trying to think of things I could do to make some money to help us get through this month. I have already significantly cut back on the grocery budget, the one thing that is flexible in our budget. I cut back so much that the boys and Matthew have noticed and the boys in particular make comments on what we are eating too frequently for their tastes, haha. I only had to explain to Matthew what was going on and he didn't make any more comments on what I was making. Anyway, I decided I could get the toys I put in the donation box, and see if any of them would be worth trying to sell at Kid to Kid, a local used children's clothing and anything-else-associated-with-babies-and-children store. Then I went through the toys again and found a few more things that we could bear to part with for money. We have two sets of Duplo's that should get a decent price. It was kind of pathetic to be honest. I took out two whole sets and it doesn't even look like I got rid of one Duplo. Oh well. We have three chunky trucks that I bought for Ean 2 Christmas' ago, and although they are played with, I keep going back and forth on whether anyone will even notice they are gone. I know I think they are cute and a little attached, so I think I will just hang on to them and I can sell them later if I ever decide to. 

I also went through books and feel like I could bear to part with a whole box of them more money. Obviously, I need to actually see how much will be accepted. For all I know they are only going to be interested in a small handful, and I will make a whole $10, haha. The next project I have is to go through the boy's clothes boxes and see if I can make any money off of those. I keep everything the boys have ever owned unless it is stained, ripped, or falling apart. I decided maybe it is time that I work towards getting some credit at Kid to Kid going, so that I have less clothes storage, and we can actually get some "new" clothes for them every season. They all are getting to the point that they all have particular preferences, so it will probably be worth it. 

Anyway, that is what I was busy with this afternoon, even though Matthew came home from lunch with the fantastic news that he was just offered a very generous raise at work today! I am so glad. But, I still want to make some money, and accidentally worked so hard that I was super exhausted by dinnertime, and I am looking forward to resting with Matthew. He is not in any shows right now, so we get him at night for right now. I am so excited. 

Comments