My 5 Favorite Blogs



Hello, hello!

How was your week? If it stunk, you should totally shake it off because... it is almost Thanksgiving!!!

Christmas is a great holiday. I mean truly fantastic. BUT... Thanksgiving is seriously the best! Why? Because you don't worry about presents and over all worldliness, and instead focus on food (the BEST food), family, games, cold weather for sweaters, and gratitude. I am just so excited it is almost here!

Although, guys, it is no joke making Thanksgiving dinner all by yourself. Matthew helps with the stuff that we make on the actual holiday, but everything I make before? This girl does it herself and it is exhausting! But hey, putting it in my belly makes it all worth it, right?

This year will be the second one that my family celebrates alone. Which I really just love, but I struggle with knowing what to do to make it special What do you do with a husband and two toddlers? I loved playing games growing up, but my boys can barely play Memory. So games are a no-go right now.  We can watch movies, but we can do that any old day? Suggestions????

Let's move on to the real reason why you are here... day 8 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge!

Confession time: you have no idea how hard it was to come up with 5 blogs. I am one of those people who stop over at a blog because of something I found on Pinterest. I never follow, unless I have to when I want a freebie. But I realized how selfish I am when I don't follow blogs I am interested in. I am a blogger. I want people to follow me!!! So I should probably follow others. Which is exactly what I did the moment I finished the rough draft of this post.

 I like blogs that make me happy and inspire me. If I feel the least bit jealous or dissatisfied with life, I usually don't go back. No fault on their part. I guess it is just the vibes or something.So all of these blogs have to do with something that interests me. And their positive energy speaks to me, which is why I consistently go back.

1. The Kavanaugh Report

One of the first blogs that I actually fell in love with. I was first introduced to the Montessori Method through this blog, which helped me realize that there are different teaching methods I can be following right now to help me with the boys, not waiting until they are school age. The momma behind this blog empowers, uplifts, and inspires. And she has the best Instagram account! I love watching her little family! 

2. The Freckled Fox

Most people have most likely come across this blog because of this momma's amazing hair styling tutorials. That is definitely how I first came across her. But as my interests have grown, I also can appreciate her parenting advice and thoughts. She has 6 young children! And she isn't afraid of showing what that can really be like, both the ups and downs. 

3. All About Ami


This is a newer one to me. I discovered her when my mom sent me a picture of one of this bloggers sweaters and asked if I could sit down and help her make one. To me, it seems that there are plenty of crochet blogs, but there is a sad lack of knitters with blogs. I prefer knitting, but enjoy crochet to. This girl does both! And her patterns are actually things I would make, which is always a plus! 

4. [Dang] Delicious


Insert the real "D" word, and that is the name of her blog 😉. There is no other food blog that even comes close to comparing with this one. I can be super critical of recipes I make. I don't like when things are too sweet, salty, or oily. There is not one recipe that I have tried from this blog that is "too" anything. It is all just super delicious! And an added bonus is all of her recipes use ingredients that I actually have on hand already. 


5. The Salty Tribe


Another one that I recently found. I have been looking for a more down-to-earth, simple homeschool family that follows multiple learning methods. There are a lot of homeschool families out there that can fit in this category, but this blog is my favorite. There is such a realness and genuine love of life that just flows from this family. They inspire me to simplify and to be happy with what I already have. 

Even though I am horrible at following other blogs, I really do think it is important to find the ones that inspire you and bring happiness. There is a lot of negativity on the internet, so it is always good to know what sites you can trust to boost your mood instead of tear it down.


What are your thoughts on following blogs? Do you have a favorite one that you find inspiring? 



Comments

Post a Comment