Pancakes almost as easy as the mix (but taste waaaayyy better)!

Homemade Pancakes Cover

We had a rough start to our week over here in the Messy Momma Life house. I had decided to finally buckle down and potty train Ira, but things didn't exactly go according to plan. After massive power struggles, mopping up accidents, and practically living in the hallway outside the bathroom, I realized something. I may be ready to be done with diapers, but Ira certainly IS NOT! 

The moment I put him back in a diaper, gave him a hug, and told him I love him anyway, he was a completely changed toddler. I mean the kindest, most thoughtful toddler I have ever lived with! Why is it when I get fed up and frustrated, it is then that I realize that he needs to grow when he is ready, and not on my time schedule? He is so smart, funny, and adorable, and I don't want to change that! Respecting him and when he wants to do things has probably been the most refreshing thing that has happened this week. That and pancakes. 😉

Speaking of pancakes, I am a big believer in breakfast. Not because there are studies that show that eating good food is a great way to start off your day, but because breakfast foods are the best foods in the whole wide world. I would eat breakfast dishes for every meal if I could (actually, it isn't uncommon for me to eat breakfast for lunch, dinner, snack, late night meal, ...😁)

Pancakes with Fork

How important is eating breakfast to you?  If you need some extra motivation to fuel the tank every morning, here or some reasons why you should want to eat breakfast. Breakfast will...

1. Boost your metabolism.

2. Help control cravings and overeating later in the day.

3. Help you consume more vitamins, minerals, and fiber throughout the day.

4. Improve your concentration and productivity.

5. Increase energy, strength, and endurance levels.


Now that you are motivated to make breakfast a priority, I would like to share with you the best breakfast meal ever! And guess what? This is probably the only breakfast I am okay with making early in the morning. AND, as an added bonus, it is Ira's favorite breakfast too! So we have it a lot in this house.

Now, I am not okay with waking up extra early to make breakfasts. I am all about fast and easy and can be on the table in 15 minutes tops. Luckily, this recipe that my mom used since I can remember fits all the criteria! It uses 6 common ingredients, and tastes so good! If that didn't have you sold, this recipe is also SUPER budget friendly! Booyah!


Side View of Pancakes

 They may not be the fluffiest pancakes ever, or have the extra tang the buttermilk pancakes have, but honestly? I only need one bowl to mix the ingredients in, and I never, EVER have buttermilk on hand. So I am okay with this.

To make these pancakes, all you need is flour, sugar, baking powder, milk, an egg, and oil. That's it! Throw it all into a bowl, mix it with a whisk, and you have your batter! How easy is that!

Serve with some butter and your favorite maple syrup, and you are done!






print recipe

Homemade Pancakes
Try these yummy pancakes! They won't disappoint!
Ingredients
  • 1 Cup Flour
  • 1 Tablespoon Sugar
  • 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1 Cup Milk
  • 1 Egg
  • 2 Tablespoons Oil
Instructions
1.Mix the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. 
2. Add the milk, egg, and oil, and whisk until just blended. Don't overmix.
3. Heat a skillet (or whatever you like to cook pancakes on), then pour about 1/4 cup batter into center of the pan.  
4. Let cook for about 60-90 seconds, or until the batter has plenty of bubbles in it and the edges looked cooked. Flip, and cook on the other side for 30-60 minutes 
5. Continue to do this until you have no batter left6. Serve with your favorite pancake toppings. Enjoy!
Yield: 4-6 5" pancakes




Comments