Introduction

  


boy with dad on swing


   When you look at blog posts, what do you usually see?

   Perfect houses, meals, parties, DIY's? I don't know about you, but sometimes I come away feeling like I am less than a mom or wife because I can't compare to the lives on these blogs.
  
   I realize that authors of blogs aren't trying to make me feel this way. But I can't help but feel inferior.

toddler frosting cookie

   
A leader from my church said this: "Comparing our own seemingly average existence with others’ well-edited, perfectly crafted lives as represented on social media may leave us with feelings of discouragement, envy, and even failure..."
   "...With so many appropriate and inspired uses of technology, let us use it to teach, inspire, and lift ourselves and to encourage others to become their finest—rather than to portray our idealized virtual selves." "Spiritual Eclipse"

   This quote lead me to think that maybe there was a way to have a blog that encourages others to be there best selves, and make living messy, normal lives perfectly acceptable.  


baby next to couch
   This is my purpose. I want to share my not-so-perfect muffin pictures, my dirty boys, and my mistake-ridden crafts with you because that is real life! I don't want to stress over imperfections! Who's with me?

   What are your thoughts on blogs showing the unedited life? If you prefer seeing life perfected, why?
  
  
  
  

Comments